How I got started as a strategist and marketing writer in my first gig out of grad school for Syclo, a B2B mobile software company.
• Copywriting: take responsibility for email campaigns, product copy, e-newsletters and other marketing collateral
• Content strategy: help concept case studies & brochures for B2B audience
The Way Forward
July 2008–March 2011. During my time at Syclo, my first non-journalism content writing gig after graduating with an M.A. in Writing from DePaul, I:
• Wrote press releases that got national media hits on the Wall Street Journal, Yahoo! Finance
• Concepted and wrote copy for B2B brochures and case studies
• Copywrote/edited email campaigns, product copy and monthly e-newsletters
• Ghost-wrote magazine articles on mobile software for submission to national tech publications
In the sample pictured, I wrote product brochure copy for Syclo’s UK-based partner Logica.