How I helped a Milwaukee agency plan, create and implement web content for a brand-new product line.
• UX: deliver on-page UX for the site, intuitive internal linking and a mobile-friendly customer experience
• Branding: write headlines and creative copy that reinforced MG217’s brand image as a leader in science-backed skin products
• Business: attract customers and increase on-site conversions
The Way Forward
February–March 2016: Milwaukee’s Jigsaw — who I’d done strategy and content work for in the past, and continue to work with on ad-hoc projects — needed help with the content development and writing for a new MG217 eczema product line that would help differentiate the Mg217 brand.
This was a pretty quick-hitting project that I was able to deliver for client review in three weeks. I worked with the agency to outline and deliver:
• Business-critical keywords for SEO
• User experience input (on-page): hide/show (accordion) functionality and internal linking
• Creative copywriting (banners, headings (H1s, H2s))
• Effective calls-to-action to optimize conversions (coupon download)
You can see the results of this work at left — a great collaborative effort with creative direction, content strategy & copywriting, and design all working in sync to deliver on brand and within timeline.