How I delivered high-value SEO & onsite conversion insights for an Australian digital marketing agency.
• SEO: build authority, digital presence, keyword rank and organic traffic for IMG’s two site properties
• Business: attract and retain customers!
The Way Forward
June 2016: Starting in a remote contract SEO role with Melbourne’s ArtLiveMedia in late May, I was tasked in early June with getting their digital marketing agency partner/client IMG some quick-hitting insights around current search and site traffic, as well as identifying high-value opportunities for improvement.
To do this, I looked at:
• Site authority for their two web properties – pictured (page and domain authority)
• Keyword opportunities (SEM Rush)
• Analytics, Google Trends & user site behavior
• Competitor analysis
• Technical SEO audit (site performance, on-page, structure & crawl)
The biggest single takeaway from the deliverables I provided — in under a week — was that there was an observable SEO opportunity to improve SERP rank and overall site visibility by creating new content to optimize for certain high-value keywords.
Additionally, the sites’ architectures could use more depth, including more pages and page content for SEO… so my #1 recommendation was to target keyword research and user interest around IMG’s core business areas.
Content creation, I’ve found, ends up being a common area of rank improvement opportunity for many types of sites – but digital agencies in particular, where creating blog & static content that builds/reinforces your authority for certain critical topics will also help rank for the relevant keywords.